Monday, August 15, 2011

Jackson Hole

Jackson Hole - Columbus Ave
"Home of the 7oz. Burger." This must be some kind of joke because the burger at the Hole is massive. I'm not sure how many ounces it is in total (pre, nor post cooked weight) however it feels and eats a lot larger than lucky number seven - not to be confused with this classic film.

Jackson Hole is like a burger aficionado's dream come true in the sense that there's a wide variety of toppings and fun names for their burgers. I'm a burger aficionado! Must explain my affinity for this place. The burgers are fresh, never frozen, and served in giant hand-formed patties that are slightly larger for their undersized bun. More on that in a minute.

Jackson Hole - Southwest Burger
I've ventured to JH on several occasions and am always surprised at the size of the burger and I have to admit, I laugh because the big guy usually falls apart and I need to use my fork to finish it. Even at medium rare, this thing has a hard time staying together (at least you know the meat's fresh and not a frozen piece of junk).

Jackson Hole - Burger Breakage
The meat, however, lacks any discernible flavor. It just tastes like meat. The toppings, on the other hand, usually just add to the fun and make a nice party in your mouth. My most recent visit, for this review, features the Southwest Burger - topped with fresh guacamole and raw onion. Two words, simply delicioso - not to be confused with Miss Ingrid, but she can join me for burgers any day.

Look at the size of that thing! 7 oz?!?!? I think not but I LOVE IT! I've had a number of their mega-sized burgers and have always enjoyed them. Even when they break apart like the picture shows at right. Don't be fooled though, this will not disappoint! You may want to go with medium but that's against my religion.

Rating - 4/5 - Size and variety reign supreme. I'd love to see some different bun offering but this does the job.

For more on Jackson hole, click here.

For more visit 5boroughfoodguys.tumblr.com and don't forget to follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/#!/5BoroFoodGuys 

No comments:

Post a Comment