Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Jimmys Burger Shack

Hard to believe there's more mini than 5oz
Love Potion #9. Or something
Home sweet home! Back in the city so nice they named it twice after a whirlwind trip that brought me all over the middle of this great country. After stepping off the MEGA BUS and before boarding the not-so-mega-train, I ventured to Jimmy's Burger Shack for some, wait for it....wait some more....you guessed it!! BURGERS! Desperate times call for desperate measures and I was putting my burger craving in the hand of Brother Jimmy in the hopes that he could satisfy my needs. Did Jimmy deliver? Did DJ get his burger craving satisfied on the corner of 8th and 32nd? Stay tuned to find out!

And we're back!! So I stroll into the Shack only to immediately be disappointed, why? Well, it appeared as if there was chaos all around in there and the cook just didn't look like he was feeling it that day. Maybe he wanted to see some preseason football? Maybe he had to catch up on his DVR episodes of Judge Judy? Maybe he just can't cook burgers? Well, I order the No 9 (5oz w/bacon and a fried egg) and I waited. And waited. And waited. Somewhere in that waiting was my realization that there was no way that my teeny tiny burger was going to show up rare. Or medium rare. Or medium. Or medium well. Or well done. It was just done. Hockey puck done which I guess is appropriate considering their proximity to MSG, the World's Most Famous Arena.

Hi. I'm #9
To the left is my lil' puck covered with a perfectly fried egg and perfectly cooked bacon (FOR ME PEOPLE! Maybe you want your bacon crunchy by for me this is perfect, k?) Anyway, this lil guy was like the most delicious bacon and egg sandwich (on a mini potato roll) marred by a ultra well done burger that lacked any flavor. Well, not any flavor. It had the flavor of overcooked, which I am certain is on the spectrum somewhere.

No9 - REALLY DONE
As your gracious host, I never stop at just one and I gave a mini a shot and well, the results were quite similar. Over done, no taste other than the lettuce and tomato, oh and bread. Can't forget that. Nor can I forget the Shack Sauce. All those little helpers tried to drown out the taste of overdone and all some type of flavor to the poor lil guy. I think the saying was help for the helpless as the end result was mediocre at best.

I was entertained by this couple engaged in a fight that was LONG overdue. And it was nice to be begged for money by NY hobos since I was tired of the beggars in KC or MPLS or Boston.

Rating - 1.25/5 - Concept is the only thing that scores points. Some cooking tips for anyone making a slider, it's small and takes a lot less time to cook. You do not need to cover it on the grill. Bad idea. Bad, bad idea.

For more visit 5boroughfoodguys.tumblr.com and don't forget to follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/#!/5BoroFoodGuys 

No comments:

Post a Comment