Tuesday, April 19, 2011

All That Glitters...Wall St. Burger Shoppe



...Aint gold. There was significant buzz for the WSBS after they released the infamous Mac N Cheese Burger. According to their menu, this delectable treat is prepared as follows, "(NEW!) MAC ‘N CHEESE BURGER (8oz). $12 Char-grilled 8oz blend of hereford beef, macaroni and four cheeses (gruyere, american, pecorino and cheddar)." Mac and cheese and a burger together at last? I'm IN!

I made every effort to get downtown, no small feat considering where I live, for the new, must have burger in NYC. I didn't care about the $12 price tag considering it's a half pound burger PLUS some mac and cheese so why not give this a go. I'll tell you why not. First things first, I was not asked how I wanted my burger cooked. The convo went something like this:

Dude behind counter (him) - "What do you want?"
Dude in front of counter (me) - excitedly - "I'll have the mac n cheese burger."
Dude behind counter - "Anything else?"
Dude in front of counter - sadly - "nah, that's ok."
Dude behind counter - "Twelve bucks, have a seat."
Dude in front of counter - sobs as he walks to his chair

All that promise, wasted. Ok, so the place had two strikes for not asking me how I wanted it cooked. I gave them two because it made me that unhappy. Strike three came when the hockey puck covered in melted cheese sauce arrived in front of me. The little cup to the left of my burger had more cheese sauce in it - not even a tasty blend of 4 cheeses, mind you. The burger? Well, if the pic on the right does it any justice, you'll notice there's NOTHING between the cheese and the meat. Not once little piece of macaroni. If I hadn't already paid I'd have left but it'd be a shame, or so I thought, to waste food. Had I not eaten this, I would not have felt such deep disappointment and you would have not known that this thing was the most over-hyped thing since hype began.

Rating - 1/5. I'd go with a zero here but I'm not sure if a zero rating is allowed. If it is, then they're awarded no points and they'll have to fend for themselves on Judgement Day.

PS - I hate the red squiggly line under the word Judgement. It is perfectly acceptable with or without the "e" stupid Google!

PPS - Guess who didn't get a high five that day??

No comments:

Post a Comment